Ship Modelling & Simulation Centre (SMSC) has developed a comprehensive development and verification package for offshore loading. The package is purpose made for direct offshore loading, i.e. from fixed moored FPSO and includes development of the operation method.
Direct shuttle loading is new to the Norwegian sector and the solution has been presented and accepted by the Norwegian petroleum authorities and various field operators.
The development and verification are divided in the following main topics:
1. Positioning strategy
2. Field simulation model
3. Shuttle tanker simulation model
4. Development of DP software model
5. Installation of DP model in the simulator and functioning verification
6. Shut down and disconnect criteria
7. Offshore loading procedures
8. Hazid/Hazop exercises
9. Risk analyses/assessments
10. Uptime simulation
SCOPE OF WORK
A typical work process will be in 4 stages.
- Position Strategy - Develop a proposal to a custom made offloading method optimized operation sectors, approach pattern, hook up and disconnect manoeuvres/modes, etc.
- Establish a tool to test, verify and adjust the model derived from the Positioning Strategy by developing:
- Field simulation model at SMSC
- Shuttle tanker simulation model
- Development of DP software model (by the manufacturer)
- Installation of DP model in the simulator and functioning verification
- Offshore loading procedures
- Establish qualitative and quantitative basis through abandon operation criteria, analyses and assessment of the total operation by:
- Establish shut down and disconnect criteria
- Hazid/Hazop exercises (by independent third party)
- Risk analyses/assessments (by independent third party)
- Uptime simulation (by independent third party)
- Training of key personnel
- A total verification of a field development in a conceptual phase with regards to including all relevant aspects of an offshore loading operation.
- A formal report will be established for each of the 11 items which will serve as documentation towards authorities, license partners, supplier, operators, etc.
- The SMSC simulation model may at any time be utilized for further development, verifications and training.
Either a full 11 topic study or relevant parts thereof have been performed for several fields on behalf of field operator or platform operators. Clients in this respect have been Sevan Marine, Eni Norge, DetNorske, Statoil, Chevron, BWO, Ithaca Energy, Premier Oil. Relevant fields are Goliat, Frøy, Hummingbird, Mariner/Bressay, Luva, Athena, Rosebank.