Crane Lifting Operations
In addition to offer generic crane courses, SMSC also facilitate custom-made projects. This may include pre-simulation, procedures development and training courses on specific high-risk lifting operations. To assist our clients, SMSC have a skilled technical staff with experience both in mathematical and visual modeling, combined with personnel with extensive experience from marine lifting operations.
Previous pre-simulations with installation specific models have proven to be very close to reality, and have provided very valuable training for challenging operation.
Visualization is equally important in order to have a common team understanding of operations, for enhancement and optimization of procedures, and testing of operational parameters in design phase.
- Quality assurance of high risk and demanding crane operations.
- Pre-simulation can reduce risk and costs when operating in challenging environments.
- SMSC can facilitate joint training for better team understanding of operations in the preparatory stage.
- Exceptional means for visualization of the actual operation trough pre-simulation makes optimization of procedures and design easier.
Statfjord B – presimulation and training; Reconstruction of Statfjord B from oil to gas production
Stena Don – presimulation and training; SBOP installation
Acergy Osprey - training; Crane familiarization
Skandi Acergy - presimulation and training; Familiarization with new 400Te crane and familiarization with Gjøa lifts
Technip - presimulations; Lift of “tie-in spool piece”
- Kristin Oil Platform - presimulations; Test of crane operations in simulator prior to modifications on the platform
- Åsgard A - presimulations and training; Joint training on swiwel change operations