The SMSC Project and Development Departement offers solutions to a broad specter of challenging tasks in the maritime and offshore business sector. Many of these projects involves use of the own produced stat-of-the-art real-time ship or crane simulator.
Typical projects are:
- Conceptual studies and risk analysis in offshore loading
- Harbor development studies
- Pre-simulation of operations in challenging waters
- Test and verification of DP oil field design
- Effect of various thrusters and rudder types on vessel maneuverability
- Vessel and crane modeling for simulation purposes
- Pre-simulation of challenging lifts and testing of operational procedures both in offshore and subsea crane operations (incl. different types of heave compensation systems)
- Accident investigation and reconstruction.
- Numerical simulations related to Ice forces acting during marine operations in Ice infested waters
The SMSC Project and Development department consists of experienced project managers with background from maritime and offshore operations and simulator software programmers. In cooperation with our very experienced master mariners and crane operation instructors, we all make sure that human element issues also are attended to our client’s benefits.