Real skills comes with real practice
Avoid costly misjudgments at sea - invest in knowledge and competence.
Approximately 80% of all accidents and incidents occurring in respect of ship operations are caused by Ship Management errors, communication failure and lack of attitude and skill.
The primary objective of SMSC is to contribute to safe and efficient shipping and offshore operations through high fidelity training of operational maritime- and offshore personnel.
We emphasize risk reduction for accidents with serious consequences for personnel, environment, vessel/installation and cargo.
SMSC aims to be the natural “first choice” for quality conscious customers, both nationally and internationally.
Together with our clients we shall stand up to the challenges of modern navigation like:
- The stressing of port margins
- Better, but increasingly complex ships
- Increasing traffic density
- Increasing safety demands concerning environment, ship, people and cargo Increasing economical consequences from accidents (OPA)
- Formal quality management systems (documentation of proficiency)
Together we will help our clients secure that their navigators possess:
- The highest navigational skill.
- Sensible self-confidence (But not over-confidence).
- Alertness and concentration on any task at hand.
- Self-control and good cooperating skills.
- Appropriate reaction patterns in emergency situations.