SMSC delivers High End training for offshore- / subsea lifting operations.
In Trondheim we operate two state of the art simulators where we aim at providing a close to reality training facility which enhances the training effects.
• Full size Crane cabin fitted on motion-base
• Crane Operator equipment all as found in the real world
• Communication equipment as found in real life
• High quality projectors/screens giving realistic feeling and experience of the operation
Typical crane types are, but not limited to:
• Offshore Crane, Sub Sea Crane, Mobile Crane, Tower Crane, Gantry Crane, etc.
Some Typical Training areas are:
• Åsgard A, Heidrun, Statfjord B, Gullfaks C, Stena Don, The Ekofisk Field
• All types of internal lifting on rigs and ships
•Sub-sea lifting, ship to ship lifting, ship to rig, ship to berth lifting and construction site lifting
Some special SW features are ( not limited to):
• Operations through hatches and shafts
• Sub-sea lifting with forces acting on the load trough splash zone/water and on the seabed
• Sub-sea lifting with use of crane tugger winches
• Portable tugger- winches and -towers are available in the simulator for use as required on the PSV cargo deck.
• AHC/PHC/AT/ CT/functionality
• ROV is in connection with sub-sea lifting
• Change of pennant and other lifting equipment relating to length and strength
• Option to select number of pennants and slings
• Wide range of simulating/controlling errors/malfunctions etc.
• External forces from wind, sea, current and other elements
• Saving, editing and replay of exercises, events etc., included and available